Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Special Valentine's Card For You!


Well hello there my dearest blogging friends! 
It has been a while since I've sent you a personal message and I am very sorry for that. My days lately have been filled with caring for Gram, keeping a squeaky clean house, testing out new recipes, teaching myself to knit and learning many lessons that the Lord has for me along the way! 

Well, it's Valentine's Day again (in case you hadn't heard) and I've been racking my brain on what I could send y'all to brighten your day.


I could send you a vintage Valentine's card from a long ago era! 
But since I didn't remember to send them out soon enough, they wouldn't get to you in time.


I could send you an exquisite bouquet of roses!
But "full many a flower is born to bloom and waste it's fragrance on the desert air..." (a.k.a. they don't last very long). Roses are gorgeous but also expensive. :( 


I could make you some delectable and adorable Valentine's cookies!
But then I'd probably ruin your New Year's resolutions, the same goes for chocolates.



I could sing you a song of enduring love and sweet romance!
"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip...!" (sorry, Gram and I enjoy watching Gilligan's Island.)

"‘Twas a still calm night and the moon’s pale light shone over hill and dale
Her cheeks that once glowed in the rose tint of health 
by the hand of disease had turned pale

Oh Lily, sweet Lily
Dear Lily Lyle
And the wild rose blossoms on her little green grave
‘Neath the trees in the flowery vale"

Oh, sorry, that's The Tragical Ballad of Lily Lyle. Hardly the kind of romantic song you were probably expecting.

Sorry, I can't think of anything sweet and romantic! And you really don't want to hear me sing a solo anyway... 


I know! I'll give you Mr. Darcy with flowers!

Oops! That's not the right one! Hardly the real Mr. Darcy!


Okay, okay, I've had my fun and showed off some of the gorgeous photos I've found recently. So now it's time to get down to the stack of Valentine's cards that have come in expressly for you (as designed my yours truly)! 

But first a Valentine's Day card made by Mr. Collins!
(What!?!?!?!?)



Now here are some words from some real gentlemen!








A very Happy Valentine's Day to you my dear friends! I hope this post makes you smile and feel as extra special as you certainly are!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

P.S. Some of the Austen Hero Valentine's above have quotes that come from the movies and not the books, and some mix movies quotes too. Feel free to share these Valentine's with friends but make sure to keep my blog address on them. Thanks!

8 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

You are so creative--we all watch Gilligan's Island, too! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your gram. Hope you are keeping warm.

Elisa said...

Happy St. Valentine's Day everyone!

Naomi said...

Haha! I love Mr Collins' valentine card! So funny!

Jessa Bri said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I do love reading all your posts and I am glad to hear that you are doing well... and singing Gilligan's Island and tragic ballads for us! By the way, that picture of Mr. Collins is THE. BEST. His cocky character, big grin, and tiny ankles always give me a smile! :)

Heidi said...

You certainly brightened my day!!! ;-) Gorgeous photos... And Mr. Collins' Valentine is absolutely hilarious. :-)

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm totally going to share that Captain Wentworth card on my book blog. And attribute it to you, of course.

Also, your Mr. Collins picture caught me semi-off-guard and made me laugh aloud. So absurd!

Emma Jane said...

Awww, how sweet! This post really made me smile. :-) Thank you, Miss Laurie! Happy Valentine's Day!

Haha, that Mr. Collins' valentine is hysterical! And I love your Jane Austen cards, especially the Edward Ferrars one. So pretty! :-)

~Emma

Unknown said...

Oooh, thank you for the lovely Valentine Cards, Miss Laurie! I'm a day late, but I hope you had a Happy Valentines Day. Love your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...