Saturday, October 12, 2013

Period Films Quotes Game - Answers!


These are the answers to the Period Film Quotes Game from last week.
It was lovely to see how many of you knew these quotes! Congrats to Amy Wegner and Miss Amy Dashwood (the Amys have it!) who both guessed all of the period dramas and characters correctly, thus earning the maximum 300 points! Thanks so much for playing everyone!

Period Films Quotes:

Quote #1
Mrs. Bennet: Look at them! Five of them without dowries. What's to become of them?
Mr. Bennet: Yes, what's to become of the wretched creatures? Perhaps we should have drowned some of them at birth.

Period Drama: Pride & Prejudice (1940)

~*~

Quote #2
Amy March: He put snow on your ankle? With his own hands?
Mrs. March (Marmee): I won't have my girl being silly about boys.

Period Drama: Little Women (1994)

~*~


Quote #3
Character 1


Emma Woodhouse: He always as a small man. Made smaller by his wife!

Period Drama: Emma (2009)

~*~


Quote #4
Eliza Doolittle: I ain't dirty! I washed my face and hands before I come, I did.

Period Drama: My Fair Lady (1964)

~*~


Quote #5
Doctor: Mr. Merdle is dead.
Scary Butler: I see. In that case I should want to give one month's notice.
Doctor: Mr. Merdle has destroyed himself.
Scary Buttler: Yes, it's very unpleasant, Sir, to the feelings of one in my position. I think I should leave immediately.

Period Drama: Little Dorrit (2009)

~*~


Quote #6
Miss Pole: They are all the same! They know everything about everything, save, when it is to happen and how it can be stopped. My father was a man. I think I understand the sex.

Period Drama: Cranford (2007)

~*~


Quote #7
Mr. Thornton: You did bring your brains with you to work today, didn't you!
Nicholas Higgins: Well I tried to keep them hidden, but you can't live without them all together.

Period Drama: North & South (2004)

~*~


Quote #8
Gavroche: This is the land I fought for liberty, now when we fight, we fight for bread... here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead.

Period Drama: Les Miserables (2012)

~*~


Quote #9
Anne Shirley: Fortunately for you, Josie, the only thing you've ever had to wear twice is a sour expression.

Period Drama: Anne of Avonlea

~*~

Quote #10
Charlotte Palmer: She'll be wet through when she returns.
Mr. Palmer: Thank you for pointing that out, my dea.

Period Drama: Sense & Sensibility (1995)

~*~


Quote #11
Mrs. Winifred Banks: We're clearly soldiers in petticoats, and dauntless crusaders for women's a-votes! Though we adore men individually, we agree as a group they're rather stupid.

Period Drama: Mary Poppins

~*~


Quote #12
Queen Victoria: Why did you do it? So stupid, why did you do it?
Prince Albert: I had two very good reasons. First, I am replaceable and you are not.
Queen Victoria: You are not replaceable to me!
Prince Albert: Secondly, you're the only wife I've got or ever will have. You are my whole existence, and I will love you until my very last breath.

Period Drama: The Young Victoria (2009)

~*~

Players Scores:
Amy Wegner - 300 points
Miss Dashwood - 300 points
Melody - 260 points
Chloe Cruz - 250 points
Kiri Liz - 240 points
Eleanor Rose - 230 points
Lady Eowyn - 220 points
Maddie Rose - 210 points
Emma Jane - 180 points
Sarah Grace - 180 points
Meredith - 150 points
Hamlette - 110 points
Samantha - 110 points
Katelyn - 70 points

Thanks for playing!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun, though I missed quite a few that I thought I knew! Oh well. Guess I should pay closer attention when watching movies. =)

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Aha! #12 is The Young Victoria, which is on my to-watch list. Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...