Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winter 2013 Design

As December and Christmas have flown away, it seemed time for a new blog design. I was rather sad to loose the old theme as I was quite proud of it. :-(

The Young Victoria - December 2012 Theme:

Christmas Header

Background Image

Comment Button
(feel free to use it you wish!)

Christmas Buttons 
Still available on the Blog Buttons page.

The Young Victoria Banner from the bottom of my blog.


Winter 2013 Design:
I'm currently reading The Secret Garden for the first time but the 1994 film adaptation has been a family favorite for a long time in my house. I loved the bleak Winter-ish feel at the beginning of the film, but there's always the hope of Spring. On the left hand sidebar are photos of Mary Lennox, Martha, Dickon and two comment buttons featuring Colin and Mrs. Medlock. The Secret Garden key is featured on the right hand sidebar. I've also made myself some new signature photos that you'll see popping up in the near future.

New Blog Button:

Old-Fashioned Charm

And a fun button for fans of the story/film:

Old-Fashioned Charm

What do you think of the new blog design?

Are you a fan of The Secret Garden?  


11 comments:

Rhoswen Faerie Wrose said...

I love it! :-D

BatZion said...

I loved your Young Victoria header etc... but the Secret Garden is sweet. I watched the 1994 version for the first time recently and really liked it. It's a very sweet story! :)

Old-Fashioned Father said...

Having been named after one of the main characters, I've heard a lot about this story over the years. However, I like you have not read it. When I was young it was considered a "girl's book" and not on my reading list. I don't recall my mother reading it to me, though she did tell me about various parts and the general story. I was an adult before I actually saw a film adaptation (old black & white) that didn't really catch my fancy. The 1993 version, although not true to the book, finally drew me into the story and has been a favorite since.

Jessica said...

Cute new theme! Yes, I do like the Secret Garden. Haven't seen it for many years, though!

Delvalina said...

I love the past design and new design here :) I ever heard about secret graden but havent yet see it but look up here makes me want to see that. Thank you! and Have a blessed 2013!

Blessing

Anonymous said...

I love the Secret Garden, the movie and the book. Your new theme looks lovely!

However, I must say that your "Comments Make Me Merry" button with Albert on it always made ME merry whenever I saw it. SO CUTE. :D

S and family said...

I especially like the colors of your new theme--perfect for January! I did a book report on Secret Garden every year a report was required in school! ;)
Secret Garden has always been a favorite story and I especially like the film you've chosen to feature. Martha is my favorite character; she seems to have such a fun family!

BanrĂ­on An Gheimhridh said...

I love The Secret Garden! The 1994 adaptation is one of my favorite movies. I loved watching it when I was little. It also introduced me to Maggie Smith, who is now one of my favorite actresses.

Eliza said...

I love your new blog design! I hope you enjoy the book, for it is one of my favorites.

Rhoswen Faerie Wrose said...

To comment on what your dad said, true the 1993 version (and it was '93, not '94, because I saw it the Fall I was in my first year of 5th grade ;-) ) is not the closest version to the book- that would be the 1970's BBC version, but it is still very true in many ways (minus how everyone in India dies) and much truer than the 1940's and 1980's versions. ;-)

Crafts4others said...

This book is on a list for a challenge that I am doing. I am unsure if I have seen this version of the Secret Garden, but used to watch the 1987 version all the time as a kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...