Thursday, August 16, 2012

Love The Young Victoria Costumes?

Well I do, and this was just so neat that I had to share it!

Flipping through my latest copy of The Victorian Trading Company catalog when I saw fabrics and dress styles that looked very familiar, so I looked closer at the listing and realized they were four replicas of gowns worn by Emily Blunt (Queen Victoria) in The Young Victoria movie, only for dolls!

Young Victoria's Wardrobe Historical Dress Collection
Replicated from the documented gowns worn by Emily Blunt in the recent film, petite versions of her finery are stitched in pure silk and dressmaker lace. Fits 18” dolls (American Girl Dolls).

Yellow Coronation Dress & Emerald Day Dress




Ivory Gala Dress & Sapphire Parlour Dress



I especially like the Emerald Day Dress! The dresses are $29.95 each plus shipping and handling except for the Yellow Coronation Dress that is $39.95 (or $99.95 for the complete set of four). It would be fun to have such pretty gowns to dress up my Felicity or Kirsten American Girl Dolls in. :)


Which of the dresses do you like best? 
How do you think the doll gowns compare to the originals?
Did you have American Girl Dolls or read the books when you were growing up?


4 comments:

Eva said...

These are delightful! I love The Young Victoria so if I had an American Girl Doll, I would definitely purchase at least one of these.

Elisa said...

I have Samantha--now retired--although you can still buy her books and such. I got her as a Christmas present. Still have her and all the books (the series, Nelly's book, and the mystery ones) too.
I've read a few of the other American Girl books. Although there's not much offered for the historical character dolls in the catalog now, it's still fun to puruse.
There's an American Girl Store at the Tysons Corner Mall in Maclean, VA, which is about an hour's drive from where I live. Felicity (the doll only) was bought back for a month to celebrate the store's grand opening because of the proximity to Williamsburg. I've also visited the Chicago store.

Rhoswen Faerie Wrose said...

I think I like the emerald dress the best.
I still have my Samantha doll that I got for Christmas when I was nine years old. (that will be 20 years ago this Christmas!) She's a second edition, I believe...maybe third edition, but I'm pretty sure second.

I think those dresses would look wonderful on her! If only I had the money.

Marissa Ballenger said...

I love the Sapphire Parlour dress and the Emerald day dress the best!

I think the doll gowns were quite close to the originals!


I have had three American girls Kit, Samantha, and Rebecca and have read many American girl books!


Have a great day and God bless


Marissa Kathryn

P.s I love The Young Victoria movie and her costumes were lovely and gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...