Friday, June 29, 2012

"It's not so bad..."

Alrighty m'dears, the period drama I am currently watching is a bit older but I am finding that I am greatly enjoying it!
See if you can guess what I'm watching by reading this hilarious quote below. I had to repeat this scene several times because it was so funny! :)

Character #1: And now tell Treadle what's wrong with this coat.
Character #2: (eyeing coat closely) Hmm...the back is admirable. The front is fair. The collar is passable. But the sleeves Treadle! The cuffs my poor benighted friend!
Character #3: That ___ _____ is the last word in cuffs!
Character #2: Oh lord I should hope so! For there should never be another like it!
Character #1: Oh come now, it's not so bad.
Character #3: You see ___ _____, his royal highness approves!
Character #2: My poor Treadle, his royal highness does nothing of the kind! He says it's "not so bad", and nothing in the world is so bad as something which is "not so bad"!
Character #3: (starts to protest) But ___ _____!
Character #2: No it's a crime Treadle, worse a blunder! And quite fatal to my reputation!


Any guesses as to what I'm watching? 

7 comments:

Maria said...

I think I know... I think I know... Is it The Scarlet Pimpernel 1934? I must go and find out.

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Yes Maria! You guessed it! :)

Review coming soon!

Arielle Melody Bailey said...

The Scarlet Pimpernel 1934?

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Miss Melody Muffin,
Yes, you have it! :)

Miss Dashwood said...

Hmmm... could it possibly be TSP 1934? All this talk of cuffs and His Royal Highness...

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Sink me m'dears if you haven't nailed it on the head! :)

Yes, it is The Scarlet Pimpernel 1934, I watched it this afternoon and greatly enjoyed Sir Percy's nonsense! :) Leslie Howard is not quite Anthony Andrews but he does have some hilariously funny lines!

Have any of you seen it?

Isabel said...

Miss Laurie,
I love The Scarlet Pimpernel 1934! It's the first version I ever saw, so I have a soft spot for it, but I also adore the 1982 one for its utter lushness- all those costumes and that lovely scenery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...