Saturday, November 19, 2011

Period Darma Quotes Game - Answers!




Here are the answers to last week's Period Drama Quotes Game

I was surprised and very pleased at how many of my readers commented and played this game! Based on these reactions I'll definitely try to have similar games. 

Your total scores are below the answers.

______________________________

Quote #1
Character 1If I do not have the three of you married before michaelmas, it will not be my fault. 


Answer: Mrs Jennings, 
Sense and Sensibility (1995)

______________________________

Quote #2
Character 1Louisa is grown so severe, Mama, I wonder she shall want a ribbon in her hair at all. Give her a book of verse to hold instead! 

Answer: Henrietta Musgrove, 
Persuasion (1995)

______________________________

Quote #3
Character 1: You don't need scores of suitors. You need only one... if he's the right one. 

Answer: Amy March, 
Little Women (1994)

______________________________

Quote #4
Character 1: No one of our age has ever taken power.
Character 2: Which is why we're too young to realize certain things are impossible. Which is why we will do them anyway. 

Answer: William Wilberforce & William Pitt, 
Amazing Grace (2006)

______________________________

Quote #5
Character 1Farewell, my beloved friend. Henceforth, we must be strangers living side by side... but my heart will be ever faithful to thee. 

Answer: Anne Shirley (to Diana Barry), 
Anne of Green Gables (1985)

______________________________

Quote #6
Character 1: She wrote in such distress. There were exclamation marks. 

Answer: Miss Matty Jenkyns (about Mary Smith), 
Cranford (2007)

______________________________

Quote #7
Character 1: You swim alone, climb rocks, rescue servants, is there anything you don't do?
Character 2: FLY! 


Answer: Prince Henry & Danielle, 
Ever After - A Cinderella Story (1998)

______________________________

Quote #8
Character 1It left us speechless, quite speechless I tell you, and we have not stopped talking of it since. 

Answer: Miss Bates, 
Emma (1996)

______________________________

Quote #9
Character 1I really don't see what is so romantic about proposing. One may be accepted - one usually is, I believe - and then the excitement is ended. The very essence of romance is uncertainty

Answer: Algernon Moncrief, 
The Importance of Being Earnest (2002)

______________________________

Quote #10
Character 1I'm sure you will acknowledge that an engagement is an engagement.
Character 2Did I say an engagement was an elephant ma'am? 

Answer: Mrs. Hyacinth Gibson & Squire Hamley,
Wives and Daughters (1999)

______________________________

Quote #11
Character 1You talk easily of hours, sir. How long do you think an hour is to a man who is choking for want of air? 

Answer: Mr. William Dorrit, 
Little Dorrit (2008)

______________________________

Quote #12
Character 1: For pity's sake, smile, woman. Anyone would think we had quarreled.
Character 2Don't talk to me. 

Answer: Prince Albert & Queen Victoria, 
The Young Victoria (2009)

______________________________

Quote #13
Character 1But she doesn't like him. I thought she didn't like him.
Character 2So did I, so did we all. We must have been wrong.
Character 1Wouldn't be the first time, will it?
Character 2No, nor the last I dare say

Answer: Mrs. Bennet & Jane Bennet, 
Pride & Prejudice (2005)

______________________________

Quote #14
Character 1Get that out of my face.
Character 2It's not in your face, it's in my hand.
Character 1Get what's in your hand out of my face. 

Answer: Dr. John Watson & Sherlock Holmes, 
Sherlock Holmes (2009)

______________________________

Quote #15
Character 1You know... All my life I thought the world revolves around my hopes, my desires... Now I know the world goes on without me and my hopes, my desires mean nothing.
Character 2: No, don't say that.
Character 1Don't be afraid. I mean to live. I am young after all, and not so bad. I shall be better for having known you. 


Answer: Gwendolen Harleth & Daniel Deronda, 
Daniel Deronda (2002)

______________________________


Much Thanks To Those Who Played:

Katherine Cox - 12 Correct
Melody - 11 Correct
Ana Smith - 10 Correct
Miss Dashwood - 10 Correct
In His Wings - 8 Correct
Emily Ruth - 6 Correct
Jemimah C - 6 Correct
Anne-girl - 4 Correct
Sarah - 4 Correct
Livia - 3 Correct
Maria Elisabeth - 3 Correct
Quinlyn - 2 Correct
Naomi - 1 Correct
Ella - 1 Correct


Be on the lookout for a new game very soon! :)

Very Truly Your's,

1 comment:

Melody said...

Oh! I got second place! *does a little dance* Thanks! These games are so much fun, Miss Laurie! How clever you are! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...