Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!





It's Mother's Day! The lovely Sunday when I get to honor my special mama!

On this special day I wanted to share some photos of the important ladies in my family and some of my memories.


This is my Mom-mom with my dad as a baby.
Mom-mom passed away in 2000 from cancer. She was a lady full of life and fun. I'm glad my sister and I look most like her side of the family. Her love of humor, music, art, movies, literature, crafting and family history has greatly influenced our family. My dad's stories of her and her family are so special to me. I can't wait to see her again in heaven!


This is my Grandma with my mom as a teenager.
Grandma passed away unexpectedly in 2009. She was a kind and generous woman who besides caring for her own large family took in many foster children and stray animals. Everyone was made to feel at home and loved by her. Her hospitality, love of life and love of caring for the children and the elderly have greatly influenced my mother and me. I hope to see her in heaven too!


This is my mother with me when I was just a few days old.
I was her first baby, born in the summertime. She was a good mom right from the very start. She had always wanted to be a wife and a mother, one of her greatest joys is still caring for babies and children. Everything I know about cooking, housekeeping and caring for others I learned from her.


This is my mom with me (age 4) and my baby brother Andy (just a few months old). This is one of my favorite photos!
From an early age my mom taught us about the Lord Jesus and his sacrifice for our sins. She had the privileged of leading my siblings and I to the Lord. Thank you mom for always being a great example of trusting in the Lord!


This is my mom with my little sister Miss Bea (age 2).
My mom home schooled each of her three children from pre-school to high school (my father taught our four high school years). She's always said that the thing she liked best was teaching us to read. I have many memories of mom reading books to us when we were young, many classics that have inspired me in many ways.

So many great memories and so many reasons to honor my mama!



I pray that you are blessed today as you spend the day with your mom, grandma, kids or mother figure.

What special memories do you have of your mother and grandmothers?


Very Truly Your's,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you sweet Laurie for this wonderful tribute. What an amazing gift you have for words. I am so thankful that God gave you to be my daughter. You are a joy and a blessing to this Mama! God bless you. I love you, -Mom

Anonymous said...

what lovely pictures of your family. you all look so sweet and happy ^_^. thanks alot for sharing them and hope you all have a wonderfull mothers day, as well as life.

Mel said...

What a beautiful post for Mothers Day! Thank you for sharing the pictures and memories.

My mother also means alot to me as she was a single mother and brought me and my brother and sister up and she was the one who instilled Godly values and took me to church. I just love Mothers Day because it gives us a chance to spoil our mothers and thank them for everything they have done for us :)

Anonymous said...

That was really sweet!

My mom is so amazing, and I really don't show her enough. I just heard a devotional tonight about how we hurt our parents when we are fresh to them, and I couldn't help but think of the times I have been like that to my mom. She deserves better. Thanks for this post, it helped me reflect a little.

Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...